Royalty Owners – Frequently Asked Questions

Payments on oil, gas and plant product revenues are made 60 days after the month of production.

HighPoint offers the option to receive your royalty payments via direct deposit, also called Automated Clearing House (ACH). This is an optional service at no cost to you. Please click on the direct deposit link below to obtain more information and our enrollment form.

Direct Deposit

HighPoint has a minimum royalty payment policy of $50.00. A payment will automatically be issued in the month that your account has accumulated this minimum amount. In October of each year, you will be issued a payment for any amount due without regard to the minimum amount.

Address changes must be received in writing and must include your name, old address, new address and your payee number, which is located in the upper left-hand corner of your check. For your convenience, you may also utilize our address change form, which is provided in the link below.

Address Change Form

Below are the annual tax documents that HighPoint prepares and their approximate due dates. Due dates may vary depending on the year.

  • 1099 MISC – Mailed by Jan. 31st (We do not send 1099’s to corporations per IRS regulations.)
  • 1099 INT – Mailed by Jan. 31st
  • 1042-S – Mailed by March 15th
  • DR 21W – Mailed by March 1st
  • TC-675R – Mailed by Jan. 31st

Should you have additional questions about the royalty payments you receive from HighPoint, please call 303-312-8579 or email Your call or email will be returned within 24 hours, with the exception of weekends and holidays.